The Story is Cooked!

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Yogurt

Previously I mentioned that we use Dannon All Natural Whole Milk yogurt. For the last couple of weeks, however, our Wegmans has been out of stock. I can only assume this is due to the increased demand from you, our dear readers. All is not lost! We have in the past very successfully made our own yogurt. In fact, it is better and cheaper, but it does take a little bit of effort. Specifically, we use Yogourmet freeze dried yogurt starter and follow their directions. Three quart jars fit in our yogurt maker ring with the tall lid. I experimented with using the surface temperature feature of our IR thermometer (for humans), but it was not giving me repeatable values so I will stick with the kitchen stick thermometer in the future.

Rebekah's edit: we actually use half the starter that the Yogourmet directions call for--we're cheap, and we get good yogurt that way anyway!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home