The Story is Cooked!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Peanut Butter "Brownies"

I made this recipe to welcome Ryan back to MT. Of course, I didn't actually follow the recipe: I melted the butter in the microwave (why in the world would you get a pan AND a mixing bowl dirty unless you had to?!), used about 1/4 cup of white sugar and 1/4 cup of brown sugar (and they are not lacking in sweetness) and about 1/4 cup of white flour and 1/4 cup wheat flour (by "about" I mean I was eyeballing 1/2 of the 1/2 cup measuring cup), and added 2 tsp cocoa powder, some peanut butter chips, and some chocolate chips. They're not bad...but they're not all I dreamed they would be. Not even close. I think they'd be better with creamy peanut butter, but we don't have creamy in the pantry regularly.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home