The Story is Cooked!

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Chicken Pot Pie

The other day (where the other day should be read as somewhere between the beginning of February and the beginning of May), after browsing through our collection of Kraft Food and Family magazines, we decided to make Deep Dish Chicken Pot Pie in our Deep Dish Baker (which, by the way, is not glazed with any color on the outside, but Pampered Chef has apparently discontinued that version...sad). We basically followed the recipe, but Ryan made pie crust from scratch instead of using a refrigerated one, I have no idea in what type of dressing we cooked the chicken (it may actually have been the one recommended in the recipe--if we had it--we usually just skip that part of the recipe but I know we didn't this time), we used more vegetables than suggested, and we added rosemary and thyme. Oh, and I'm sure we used less than a full pound of chicken because we rarely use the whole amount of meat in a recipe. It was really good (and pretty easy), but we're not convinced it would have been without the rosemary and thyme. I've decided that rosemary has recently pushed its way onto my list of favorite spices.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger Catherine Brown said...

I'm so glad you're still alive and eating...I wrote you a long comment yesterday but the computer erased it when I had to sign in as a different "blogger".
See our blog for my latest cooking adventure.
ps. The word that I have to use for word verification is "gukenm". For some reason it reminds me of Luther. Ah yes. Must be because of Gutenberg, maybe?

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Catherine Brown said...

Um....I'm not sure when would be good to talk. Probably tomorrow would work - in the afternoon - maybe around 4 my time? Sorry I can't be more specific! But I'll also try to call you if you have a time that would be good for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home