The Story is Cooked!

Monday, September 04, 2006

Landscaping Update

 
Here is what our house looks like today. You might notice some slight differences, like the peppers on the jalapeƱo plant:
 
And a huge raspberry plant:
 
In addition the strawberry has been doing ok (it had some delicious berries, but not much since we got back from our travels). While we were gone this summer our friends Justin and Melinda plant sat our pepper and strawberry. The raspberry did its thing all by itself. Our piney shrub didn't do anything but stay cute and soft, while the purple explotion exploded, then kind of fizzled a little.

All in all a grand success!

Oh, I almost forgot, we ate one of the jalapeƱos in some taco meat (which ended up be burrito meat). I couldn't really tell it was there, but I ate a chunk as I was cutting it and it had a satifying flavor and kick. Posted by Picasa

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried making salsa a couple weeks back with all fresh ingredients-- roma tomatoes, green and red bell peppers, a couple jalapenos, onion. I roasted it all in the broiler and then chopped it a bit and threw it in a bowl. I learned that I need a whole lot more than 2 jalapenos, or I need to add the seeds, or something because I couldn't taste them at all. Disappointing. Oh, and if you ever try making salsa don't add cumin! It totally hijacks the flavor. I think I would just stick with salt and lime juice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home