The Story is Cooked!

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Pride goes before the fall

We went out to breakfast (brunch, I guess) this morning and I had a Belgian waffle with strawberries and whipped cream. My response was, "Ryan, you make better waffles." (He makes really good mixed berry waffles that are excellent with kiwi and/or strawberries and whipped cream on top). Then we went to the grocery store later to get a marinade for our steak and we had sample brownies. My response was, "I make better brownies." Then we had a real American meal: steak and potatoes (I think I once told Ryan that I would probably never make a meat and potatoes meal--so he had to do this one). We started off with a really good salad, and the steak was pretty good, but the potatoes, which were my baby, were not so great. Apparently grilling them is not the best way to go. I'm sure there are many places out there that make better spicy potato wedges than I do!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home